Humans are gaining consciousness after what seems to be millennia of deep sleep. Things that trigger our awakening are precisely those things that we did in the past that do not seem to make any sense if we actually use our inner wisdom:
1. Killing and mistreating innocent animals for food: When we turn vegan or encourage others to consider how animals die or suffer for our food when we can receive much better health through plant based diet because fruits and vegetables do not kill the plant, we get many arguments to handle. Just because our lesser evolved ancestors or other animals have been okay with consuming animals should we keep doing so without feeling any compassion? Are we still unconscious or are we supposed to be more evolved? We might feel that animal abuse and killing for food or entertainment be banned in an awakened universe, yet do we have the courage to say it? After-all killing, rape or abuse of other humans has also been acceptable in the past.
2. Using plastic: We argue that plastic can be recycled and consume tons of it everyday adding to the weight of non-biodegradable garbage on earth, but will plastic cease to be polluting or toxic just because it is being recycled. While governments are afraid to impose or implement bans on plastic in most countries, can we not consciously reduce and discover alternatives to this monster we have created simply for convenience?
3. Toxic and Chemical Products: Our needs for glamour and convenience need not outweigh that of true inner beauty and health. We need to ask why we all are we so keen on being outwardly attractive and looking or smelling good, why we keep socializing over drinks or smokes or why we continue eating more and more packaged foods that we do not research the ingredients and go natural instead? Whether it is harmful foods, addictive cigarettes, drugs or alcohol, or over-marketed skin-care and chemical make-up we can choose to say no and be conscious instead.
4. Technological addiction: Whether children or adults we stay 24×7 on smartphones, television or other gadgets, with both eyes looking outside at some kind of entertainment instead of meditation. Staring outside instead of looking inwards is exactly how we lost our third-eye powers, and if we keep doing so we might lose the last of our remaining connections with higher consciousness?
5. Ignorant beliefs and practices: We know how many of our outdated ideas are self-created outpourings of ignorant beliefs. While imagining that some being or beings outside us are giving us the rules we so loyally follow, we have mistreated women, sacrificed animals, encouraged racism, fought for land and power, spread fear and psychosis, destroyed nature and discouraged inner search for truth in the name of religion or belief.
6. Celebrity Worship: With all that focus on glamour, fame and material power, where do real role models of inner enlightenment disappear? We see idol-worship of a new kind with mass-market music, movies, advertisements and sports dominating the scene while real talent and actual creative genius seems suppressed and unacknowledged. Spiritual idols too seem to be those famous figures of history, popularity or myth that develop into our gods and masters while we lose connection to the higher self within us.
7. Constant Seeking of Outer Pleasure: Special offers and a bombardment of marketing entice our senses all the time preventing us from making sensible choices. Screen romances and popular music has been deeply programming us to constantly look for sexual partners and indulgences all around us. We find little time to seek our own inner self as we lose who we are in the matrix of illusions and desires? If we were to detach from this constant seeking and find a peace and contentment from within, we would not be dancing in ‘maya’ all the time.
8. Making Money as the goal of life: Schools, colleges, offices, shops, we keep learning how to make money, struggle for survival, enhance superficial lifestyle and status and one day enter the ranks of the rich and famous. Are we learning how to exploit the matrix for gaining more and more at the expense of the well-being of others and the planet? Do we consider saying no to many of the unnecessary material objects that we have been accumulating and instead focus on spiritual enlightenment.
9. Medicine that merely suppress symptoms: While we blindly consume harmful meat, dairy, processed foods, chemicals and pesticides instead of organic, fresh and raw vegan diet, and fill ourselves with negative thoughts or emotions, we develop many illnesses, lose resistance to common colds and headaches, and fall prey to life threatening obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart-disease and more that only leads to increased medical bills and taxes. In spiritual awakening, we begin to see that we manifest our own conditions and actually change our inner state through spiritual awareness and healthier choices in mind, body and spirit so that we no longer depend on constant medication.
Leave a Reply