We all seem to be alive in this world, working for money, learning things, enjoying sensory experiences….but who are we and why are we here? Who has sent us here? Are we living in an mentally projected illusion or in a fixed reality? Who has crafted the structure of this elegant universe?
There are four kinds of beliefs and your views are likely to fall into one or more of these at any point of time. This is a chance to read and reflect upon your own understanding rather than an answer to the questions above. You might find your awareness shifting if you remain open.
Viewpoint 1: Why Bother?
Most people in recent times seem to be so absorbed in the business of what they call life, that they simply do not find time to ask these big questions. They go on about their existences as if the questions above are completely irrelevant. According to them as long as they are following the crowd and doing exactly what they are told or taught by their schools and workplaces, it is quite sufficient as they are ‘confirming’ to the rules of the world and being consumers. Moreover a large part of this population has also believed that it is impossible to actually prove any point of view regarding creation and creator, therefore entangling ourselves in these type of thoughts gives absolutely no solution. Religion they have seen, has been a waste of time and has led to strife and wars, instead of any real benefit. Therefore they pursue their day to day existence as materialists, or as those among atheists or agnostic who do not wish to spend much time in spiritual self-reflection or realization, while focusing attention on media, shopping and outer information instead. Enjoying money, body and power, or being unhappy, angry or jealous when we do not have enough and others do…they may blame circumstances, conspiracies and the world system for all that they feel is wrong while at the same time trying out some form of spirituality or religion as a quick fix or escape whenever convenient, without going too deep.
Viewpoint 2: An External Entity or Alien Created Us
Even among those with a scientific temperament, the belief that we are living in a simulated reality is strong. Science fiction as well as conventional religion has put many of us in a ‘matrix’ mindset of an AI created world or an entity created reality. Their reasoning stems from an external observation of the universe that reveals its magnificent fractal patterns and perfect geometry, as well as the highly intelligent order in everything, from our atoms to cells, to organisms and galaxies. This wonderful structure of our world seems to indicate the presence of a digitally precise ‘creator entity’. Naturally it has to be a person who is of a superior intelligence, higher than an average human. Could it be an AI with superior computer brain-power who printed our original and self-replicating designs and patterns of life with evolution ‘programmed in’? Or have alien beings from a higher world or a scientifically more advanced star-civilisation, whether good or evil, ‘seeded’ us on earth for purposes best known to them. Reptilian, Draconian, Pleiadian, Arcturian, Sirian…there may be several alien beings with various interests, say these theorists. Alien abductions seem to be a norm among these believers who feel that physical yet invisible spaceships can materialize around us anytime and beam us up. The way our genes have been designed and the gaps in the conventional ‘Darwinian models of evolution’ also pointed some of us to an external hand in the development of our consciousness. But, the question remains – if we were created by an external entity, then who created that entity?
Viewpoint 3: A Divine ‘God’ Who Is Apart from Us Created Us
While alien simulation theorists might believe in an external creator being or many creators who are either neutral, benevolent or selfish, monotheistic religious believers worship and pray to an external entity they call God imagining Him to be a divine, all-seeing being who was created himself and can fulfil wishes and help us when we are in trouble. Why did this God create us? Is it because he simply wanted someone to interact with,or to fulfil his creative ideas? And were our ancestors banished down on earth because we disobeyed God? Will seeking repentance for this and other ‘sins’ make him forgive us and accept us back. Does this God person wish us good or simply wish for us to obey or ‘submit’ to him as many believe. Must we let go of all our earthly desires and like faithful slaves, surrender to the higher will of God who is far away from us and wants us to return to Him? Will converting other people and guiding them to serve ‘God’ through the ‘His word’ found through religious books and commandments as spoken by His chosen Prophets, Messiah or a special Avatar please Him and win us favours in his heaven and paradise when he accepts us back for all our ‘good work’ down here on earth? Those who believe ‘Yes’ do so only because their chosen books and religions have said this. Some of them do say ‘God is Love’ but not our inner love within us. He is according to most believers, an ‘outer’ being who they hope will love them as his special chosen family if they join specific religious groups or sects and follow their books, beliefs or methods of worship.
Viewpoint 4: The Creator is Within Us
Surprising to the holders of viewpoint 3 above, there is a growing tribe of meditators who say that God is Within. Those who believe that God is far away, are stunned beyond measure. How can we in this limited human body, with all our flaws and weaknesses, ever compare ourselves to God, the creator of all there is. Can we create the world? Can we simulate reality, situations and even other beings through our ‘third-eye’ or visualization skills or through the magical power of thoughts? Can we heal ourself and our planet without calling upon an external God? The only way to find out is to look within. If we stay asleep and keep following other people’s beliefs, we can only go as far as they have on this wonderful journey of self-discovery. When we try to meditate and awaken our own consciousness, many of us begin to work magic. We can witness exact realities being created to match our wishes and desires. People, situations, events, work, health…no matter what we hold within our heart and mind, we can manifest in our life, regardless of religion. We seem to have the power of the Creator at least to some extent. Could it be that our own Higher Self is the all-creator at some higher dimension of consciousness? Do we have parallel existences as a higher being beyond our physical and mental self? Have we created our world and forgotten who we are? Or is there an external entity of person, Alien, AI matrix, God or Devil who has been granting our wishes while we believed it was our Higher Self or Inner Self? Again if there was an external entity. whether good, evil or neutral, responsible for manifesting our life, then who created that entity? Surely there is a need to go deeper and discover the Highest One and realize that if everything has emerged from that One Source, then we must carry this source energy very much within our-self.
Are we fools to believe in our inner-self and doomed or condemned to Judgement Day or Hell just because we believe in our own innate powers of love, intuition and healing? Or are fear based notions the result of centuries of ignorance and self-victimization?
Spirituality, in contrast to Conventional Religion or Science is all about
- Finding the inner source of divine love and compassion
- Awakening our naturally endowed divine powers to heal and help our-self and others regardless of religion or belief
- Being able to manifest our own positive reality and highest good
- Refraining from judging, fighting with or converting others
- Realizing the illusory nature of reality by recognizing our mental-projections all around us in our daily life
- Focusing on discovering what is within us instead of being absorbed in outer world
- Learning to raise our unity consciousness through meditation, intuition and self-introspection
Whether through science or religion, if we keep looking for a creator outside us, we may only find illusion or ‘maya’. We need to find our connection with the highest One creative source through a deeper inner realization instead of just believing in an external entity or simulator God/Gods/ Devil/ Alien/AI. No matter what science or religion might say, we can choose to stay open to self-discovery beyond any rigid belief.
We all live in the Matrix. It is a virtual ‘reality’ experience we all are having – an experience called life. All our thoughts, both conscious and subconscious are fed into this system that creates a new ‘reality’ for us from moment to moment, frame by frame and lifetime to lifetime. Its exactly like a multidimensional computer simulation that we experience with all our senses. The Matrix unconditionally serves our every fantasy and fear. All our negative or positive ideas create our lifetimes or alternate realities. While creating a better experience is possible, rising above the Matrix is possible too. For those who care for the truth, these are the five steps through which you can get unplugged:
- See the Signs: There are signs everywhere that tell you that you are plugged in to the Matrix. You may have experiences of synchronicity – each of your thought is inevitably connected to the entire world through the Matrix. Your dreams are connected to reality and transcend time, giving you glimpses of past or future. See the world as fractals – they are everywhere, in clouds, in shorelines, in the soil, in mountains, in the seashells and pine-cones, in vegetables and flowers, even in your own body. There is nothing where you cannot see nature’s design or sacred geometry indicating the mathematical factorials encoding all creation. Most of all notice how everything is energy and how your thoughts are materializing into your life everyday by themselves as per the inbuilt rules of this ‘program’. Pay attention.
- Meditate: You will need to learn how to get unplugged yourself instead of waiting for someone else. Meditation requires nobody and nothing except you. Breathe naturally, closing your eyes helps initially, find the space between your thoughts and stay there in the silence of ‘no-mind’ for as long as you can. Do this daily for half an hour at least and increase the time. You will get better at being free of thoughts and your mind. See the blank space of your inner self and be with your inner self which is not your mind or your thoughts. Let go of the outer layers of physical senses, emotions, mental ideas and desires. Experience just being. It is possible and necessary.
- Master Reality: The more you spend time with your inner self of no-mind, the more control you will have over your mind and hence over the matrix of reality. You will start playing with reality as it twirls around you folding into the shape you choose. Your life situations and experiences will be at your command. You are only practicing and sharpening your skills. Be detached from the desire of any outcome. Both mental and physical actions are karma and they return. Be pure and positive because harming anyone, even yourself will only get you entangled in further karmic cages making it very hard to be free. Be unconditional in what you create; even if you create something positive expect nothing in return to keep yourself free of karmic webs.
- Rise Above the Illusion: All the people, events, things around you will be revealed as your own mental projections, conscious and subconscious. You can enjoy this experience of ‘reality’ through money, fame, romance and fun…yet no matter how much you acquire, these will be mere illusion and nothing more. The reason why enlightened masters have no fascination for increasing their bank-balance, sensual pleasures or popularity is simply this. The truth is only found within and it far more joyous than anything outer can ever be. No amount of money in the matrix can buy you freedom. Talking negatively and being unhappy or depressed is worse as it drops your kundalini shakti or inner power down. Keep rising above the illusion while being supremely happy and self-content for no external reason whatsoever.
- Allow Truth: You do not have to be anxious to be freed of the maya of life. Wishing to be free of desires is also a desire. Thinking of being free from the Matrix is also a thought that plugs you in further. To be unplugged just let go and that is all. Simply be in meditation. Allow this moksha to happen by itself whenever it has to. Have no expectations of how, when and what it will be like. Surrender to your truth. You will be established in a state of self-awareness and meditation even in your day to day life after practice of meditation. It may feel safe to stay in the comfort of the matrix, yet be fearless because truth sets you free and a cage even if golden and beautiful will still be a cage. Be with your inner self and allow your liberation to simply happen whenever you are ready – any moment…even right now. Swati Prakash is a spiritual author and can be followed on www.amazon.com/author/swatiprakash
While we contemplate upon whether the world could be a giant computer simulation, with Elon Musk stating that the chances we are not already in a simulation is one in billions, there are 3D simulations attempting to mimic nature including the latest one that has managed to simulate human blood flow extremely well. MORE HERE
Physicist Anthony Gareth Lisi once said, ‘I think the universe is pure geometry – basically, a beautiful shape twisting around and dancing over space-time.’
Unless you were living under a rock, you would have heard about the mystical drawing also known as a Shri Yantra that appeared on a dry river bed in Oregon back on 10th Aug 1990 in the space of 30 minutes as observed by a military plane. Later, people who claimed that they created it were unable to prove their capabilities in carving these 13 mile long lines.
In recent history, the subject of crop circles or seemingly spontaneous shapes or patterns on fields and hill sides have led to much study and speculation if not many a sly wink-and-nudge conversation! Researchers seem convinced that most of these are handmade by artists who are inspired by UFO stories of true crop circles observed in the past. These crop circles usually appear overnight and sometimes during during the day. Conspiracy theorists believe the government encourages people to come ahead and falsely claim they make these crop circles themselves in an attempt to debunk any ‘UFO myth’ and cover up the truth.
Older civilizations on earth have left us symbolic drawings to decipher, although we speak common languages. In Peruvian desert of Nazca lines, drawings of hummingbird and spider have been linked with ancient rituals akin to megalithic observatories like the Stonehenge. Alternatively, as the designs are obvious only from very high above, were they carved by our ancestors wanting to extend an invite to outer space visitors?
Yet if extraterrestrials are involved, is it possible they are trying to tell or teach us a thing or two through the common tool of geometry understood by intelligent species, hoping we can crack the code? Come to think of it, geometry is when art meets mathematics and any advanced or evolved race would have integrated abstract or creative thought with logic or reason in their communication métier. For instance, this message was binary coded into a crop art appearing in UK in 2002. Can this simplistic message have another meaning?
NASA once beamed a binary coded message into space from the Arecibo Telescope in Puerto Rico in 1974, containing information such as our decimal numbers, our DNA’s chemical elements- nucleotides, double helix pattern, a picture of a human, the position of Earth in the solar system and design of the radio telescope used for beaming the message. In 2001, a similar crop design appeared literally stamped on a field near the Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire, as if responding to our original message. Take a shot at deciphering that!
In recent times (METI) Messaging to Extra Terrestrial Intelligence or Active SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) has attempted to communicate with crowd-sourced messages to anyone listening out there. However, this may simply translate to ‘crude rock drawings’ unless we learn to speak the correct language or code and what if that were already available in shape and form of these signs and symbols – all hidden in plain sight?
Think these are elaborate hoaxes, an indication of a simulated reality or true alien art? We would love to hear back from you!
Bhaskar Dutta is a self-help author and IT specialist based in London.
Top scientists and philosophers have been debating this topic for quite some time now…wondering whether the universe we live in could be a simulation. Let’s examine the key features of this idea and leave it to you to figure out the rest:
- DIVINE SIMULATION: The idea of the universe being some sort of a simulation has been explored in science fiction, literature and philosophy for a long time. Several millennia ago ancient Vedic texts have proposed that the entire universe is a dream like simulation emerging like a lotus from the navel of Narayana or Mahavishnu as he sleeps and dreams up Brahma, and Brahma in turns unleashes the entire universe into repetitive cycles of creation and destruction in each of his days and nights. Fast forward to the 19th century when Edgar Allan Poe once asked, ‘Is all that we see or seem, But a dream within a dream?‘
2. VIRTUALLY REAL: The 1964 science fiction novel Simulacron-3 by by Daniel F. Galouye brought forward a world of virtual reality where a simulation is so real that the characters within it live human lives just as we do unaware that they are infact simulations. This book became the inspiration for movies such as The Thirteenth Floor that explored the idea of simulation within a simulation where simulated beings can simulate other universes within their own simulations. If the world really could be some sort of a limited simulation with a digital edge as shown in this movie, what about our own world with its amazing electromagnetic auroras at the poles of our own planet?
3. A CRYOGENIC DREAM: Does simulation necessarily have to be a computerised one? Could our dreams be a simulation. How about the day to day events we engross ourselves in, the places we visit, the adventures we experience? In the 1981 published Simulacra and Simulations, by Jean Baudrillard which was also an inspiration for The Matrix movies, the author writes, ‘ Disneyland is a perfect model of all the entangled orders of simulation. To begin with it is a play of illusions and phantasms: pirates, the frontier, future world, etc….. By an extraordinary coincidence (one that undoubtedly belongs to the peculiar enchantment of this universe), this deep-frozen infantile world happens to have been conceived and realized by a man who is himself now cryogenized: Walt Disney, who awaits his resurrection at minus 180 degrees centigrade.’ Walt Disney, it turned out, was not actually cryogenized. Yet the 1997 came the film ‘Open Your Eyes‘ featuring a character who is dreaming up his complex ‘reality’ while actually sleeping in a cryogenic state. So could we be in a sleep like state awaiting our awakening while being so attached to this dream like world we are living in?
4. A REALITY SHOW CALLED LIFE: Could we be characters simulated by a higher reality being who is actually having the time of his life watching all of us go through our lives? In the 20th century The Truman Show made many of us imagine we could be watched right now. Frightening? You bet! True? You’ll never know until you find out!
5. THE AI ANGLE: Nick Bostrum in 2003 proposed the Simulation argument based on the idea of a future ‘super-intelligent’ civilisation that could create Artificial Intelligence (AI) of powers so enormous that they could infact simulate worlds much like ours. This made many of us think, what if, we were already in one such simulation and what if we were infact a simulation, with all our ‘naadis’ and ‘chakras’ and our ‘etheric’ blueprint being merely the digital energy channels flowing through our simulated bodies?
6. INTELLIGENT PATTERNS AND LEAPS: Intelligent Design theorists quote the complex and specified information content in DNA (which we now know can store more data than most of our computer systems), and the geologically rapid origin of biological diversity in the fossil record during the Cambrian explosion approximately 530 million years ago to propose that ‘Certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.’
7. AN EXTERNAL CREATOR: Intelligent Design might have been a disputed theory, but if we look around us there are ample examples of a natural intelligence within the universe, whether it be the fractals of nature or the fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio seen in each growing plant, whether the spores of cauliflowers, spiral leaves or the petals of a flower. The infinite permutations and combinations in nature and the universe seem to be a play of numbers. Creationists try to use this as an excuse to propose that there is an ‘external’ God being who has created the entire world through this intelligent design. Could the 216 lettered or numbered name of ‘God’ be really hidden in the ‘fibonacci’ cube of Metatron. On the other hand Simulation Theorists hold that keeping God aside, nature has indications that we might be living in a complex life like computer simulation created by a higher intelligence which is no more divine than it is AI. In either case the universe does seem to be a mathematical wonder to say the least.
8. SELF-SIMULATED MIND REALITY: The New Age metaphysicist would be likely to agree that the Law of Attraction does work and we all do seem to somehow manifest our life experiences through our conscious as well as subconscious thoughts. Decades ago this was called ‘witchcraft’ and believed to be an ‘occult’ power possessed by some individual ‘witches’ and ‘wizards’ who could change reality at will. Today we are all discovering our our inner power and attract love, health, success and money our way. Well if we do seem to be able to change the permutations and combinations of our life from moment to moment through mindfulness then what does it tell us about the nature of our reality? Could it be a simulation fed through our own minds, somewhat like those latest AI websites that self-design based on the text content that you feed in? Is our conscious and subconscious mind constantly providing the data to this ‘project’ called the universe?
9. ARE WE THE ULTIMATE DIVINE CREATOR: If the world is a simulation created through our minds as we have the power within to change any aspect of our life at will, could we infact be the ultimate higher world simulators of our own reality projecting mentally in this lower world. Is our Higher Self the Creator itself who is dreaming up this entire universe including our own lower existences in these infinite incarnations and reincarnations from time to time and place to place. Could meditation be the way we literally ‘wake up’ our inner ‘Narayana’ whose subconscious messages we are channelling all the time in the form of this energy called existence. After all the dreamer and the dream are no different. It’s the dreamers own subconscious that becomes his or her dream and even sends messages to help him or her awaken. Perhaps the divine lotus of this ‘divine’ dream-world is our own Sahasrara or crown chakra which becomes the ‘flower’ of life and the fibonacci pattern of the universe, leading us back to the wormhole or ‘vishnu naabhi’ – the navel of creation? Back to our real self!
Are you fascinated with life and its mystery? What do you feel is the truth and how would you like to find out, if you would like to find out? Share your views on firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured.
Swati Prakash is a spiritual author who can be followed on www.amazon.com/author/swatiprakash