Have you ever asked – ‘Why Me?’…or ‘Why do bad things happen to good people?’ Are you wondering why your prayers and wishes have not worked? Or why thinking positive, donating to charity or being ‘nice’ has not really helped you transform your own life yet?
Here are some ways you can indeed change things for the better now:
- Stop Playing the Victim: Self pity, angry outrage, guilt tripping or fishing for sympathy are the worst things to do if you wish to have a better life. When you tell yourself and others how terrible things are for you, or how you are stuck in a horrid world, you are telling the universe that you deserve more of those terrible situations. Instead, be the change you seek, because the universe is within.
- Find something to feel positive about: Look for the faintest potential of light in this darkness – you will find it, because there is something positive always hiding somewhere inside everything. It could be the sunshine or the rain, the stars or simply your breath. Or, imagine something positive and feel great as if you already have it, do not feel ‘wanting’ anymore. What you feel creates more of what you feel!
- Meditate: Instead of thinking and complaining about how life is bad for you close you eyes and be in the present moment – because you have the power to take the right action and change everything now and that is the only thing that counts. The more you meditate the more you will enhance your consciousness which is the real power.
- Consult Your Own Intuition: Chances are you wound up in negativity due to thinking, accepting or following wrong ideas. Yet, there is something inside all of us that always seeks our highest good. To be in touch with it and listen to your natural intuition is the best way to flow joyfully through life. Let your soul guide you now, no matter what other’s say.
- Love Yourself: If you thought being ‘nice’ to others is going to return your way as good karma, remember that giving is good karma only if you give enough to yourself too. If you are giving to others in the greed of receiving something directly or indirectly in return, but sacrificing your own good, you are telling the universe you do not deserve good. Real abundance is in knowing that all including you deserve the best. Be unconditional to yourself AND others.
- Stop Getting Involved with Negativity: If you really want a happier world for yourself and others stop consuming, sharing and chatting about negative news and sob-stories. Give attention instead to positive things because energy flows where attention goes and energy creates more of WHATEVER you focus upon. Think about solutions not problems.
- Choose Positive Habits: Success and happiness can be inculcated by real and genuine effort. If you prefer to take drugs or drinks instead of really taking the effort to meditate or exercise or change your habits for the better from deep within , you cannot blame fate for your negative situations. You are always in-charge!
- Mind over Matter: It is not merely through outer physical efforts or external rituals that life is transformed. It takes deeper inner work. Transformation happens inside out. Else it is mere superficial change no matter which technique you follow. Let your mind create good now though every word, every thought, every thing.
- Soul over Mind: Your mind is only a tool of the Soul. The real power is in the Soul and its choices. When you handover the pen to your Soul or higher-self and allow it to write your story it will do a better job than the lower ‘you’ because its wisdom is infinite as compared to the limits of your outer-mind. We all have a common Soul or ‘Self’ which is all-powerful. It is the only real God or Goddess!
- Truth over Illusion: If you cannot see beyond your immediate life problems and endless desires, seeking love, romance, money and popularity all the time…you are in illusion. The only thing real is the Self, all else is only a dream playing as life through the stage of your mind. Ask yourself who you are and find more about the mysteries of the universe for a change. Transcend duality!
Stay Awake Within!
Swati Prakash is a spiritual author and can be followed on www.amazon.com/author/swatiprakash