We all have witnessed fears concerning climate change owing to industrialisation, pollution and exploitation of earth’s natural resources, while wars and religious extremism have fueled political exploitation of land based on dogmatic justifications. While earth has suffered there is still a ray of hope if we can follow some of the paths of wisdom, peace and greater abundance.
- Spiritual Unity vs Divisive Religions: We have all seen that fear-based religion has merely been a tool used by some people claiming absolute power, religous superiority or authority to control land, resources and minds. We can all awaken and see through this pattern so that we are no longer victims. Instead of blindly following religious texts that promote one specific deity over others and divide us against each other we need to be able to be at peace within ourself individually and to offer peace to each other through self-realization. Inner contentment and inner joy can help us refrain from fighting for worldly resources by understanding that we can all manifest a happier and abundant life through positive inner consciousness instead of submission to an outer religious precepts.
- Life Purpose vs Jobs: Industrialization and material dependency was based on a fear that earth has limited resources and we all must exploit it to the maximum. Since childhood we were programmed to support corporate infrastructure where humans are more or less treated like robots and eventually replaced by AIs. In contrast when we awaken spiritually, we discover what truly gives us inner joy and happiness and switch to professions that fulfil us at deeper levels of creativity, wellbeing and peace. We see emerging professions of spiritual and intuitive nature focused on holistic health and natural lifestyle. Education could be more inner-focused than simply rote based on rule-based so that our kids learn how to understand themselves and manifest their own positive reality through better choices.
- Simple Lifestyles vs High Fliers: The glamour of being millionnaires or celebrities led many of us to mindlessly imitate leaders of business, movie stars or politicians instead of looking within ourselves. A spiritual focus helps us get back to our real needs of peace, inner comfort, health and wellness. We need less of expensive brands, artificial makeup, fine-dining, fashion labels, lavish holidays, snobbish parties, sports cars or high-rises to give us satisfaction. We value and cherish a tidy home, healthy food, fresh air, clean water, healthy body, natural beauty, a happy heart and a peaceful mind. We can attract helpful people, social networks, friends, pets and colleagues around us who enjoy working and interacting with us based on our soul-purpose and higher consciousness.
- Natural Foods vs Processed Foods: Our main need for food is something that can be fulfilled through nature itself, yet we depend on corporations who give us processed and packaged foods that are not only harmful for health but also a strain on our finances and earth. We can all learn to grow some food at home or support our organic local farmers by purchasing healthy vegetables instead of depending on supermarkets that sell chemical and pesticide laden food, tinned or processed foods with harmful additives. Our spiritual focus gives us an intuition of well-being through which we are naturally drawn to healthy choices and pick up raw foods that improve our physical and mental fitness. A vegan lifestyle can additionally help us improve the condition of animals in our world so that we can stop cultivating them for being killed or exploited without any real reason.
- Eco-Homes versus High Rises: Our cities no longer need to be turned to concrete jungles where people crowd to find corporate jobs. We can all live close to earth in eco-friendly homes where we have nature around us for meditation and wellbeing. A love for nature helps us develop a healthier environment which is less polluted or noisy. Country-life can be valued more than city-life. Solar power and green energy keep increasing in demand with coal based or petrol power reducing its monopoly. Homes need not be very large or expensive simply to project an image of power or prosperity. Instead we can have more spiritual townships where people follow more eco-friendly, less materialistic and peaceful ways of living in mutual harmony and cooperation.
- Free Travel versus Polluting Vehicles: Traveling for long hours to and fro everyday simply to earn a living could be obsolete soon. The need to own a car can be reduced and public transport can be made less stressful if people can work from or near to their homes. This can be manifest through greater personal freedom and independence which can be an effect of spiritual lifestyles. We could also relocate to places of nature where we find our tribe and associate with positive people and work together for the common good. Walking or cycling could be the preferred transport option instead of polluting vehicles. In futuristic terms space travel could improve with free-energy instead of polluting energy.
- Intuition versus Advertising: Our high cost of living is not due to the basic costing of goods but largely contributed due to corporate advertising and mass-media costs. As we discover our spiritual or heartfelt connection with the universe we depend less on traditional newspapers, television and mass-media that feeds us negative or unuseful data. Through inner self we feel more peaceful and stress-free. With people we make genuine interactions that further our higher purpose, we need not depend on corporate advertising to tell us how to live and what to buy as our intuition guides us. When lifestyle becomes less consumeristic and more natural we will automatically see that most of our needs are met from within instead of outside, and consecutively our brain need no longer be attacked with constant advertising messages bombarded from all sources.