(1) Veganism and Spiritual Ethics: In the past spirituality and compassion has been more or less ‘human-focused’ with other sentient beings routinely being used in farming and as products or commodities. We have seen animals being hunted, killed for sport, their skins being used in drums and ritual gear, dairy products and honey used in spiritual rituals in India as well as non-vegetarian food being popular at spiritual celebrations in the west. Cruelty based products are not only dairy, eggs, meat, wool, honey, leather and fur but also many of our everyday consumer items and pharmaceuticals. Ascension is a path out of this matrix when we discover that all beings and not only human beings are part of the One Higher Self, Source, creator or True Self to whom we return through not just intellectual realization but actual practice of ethical living.
(2) Eco-friendly and Zero Plastic Lifestyle: While animal farming remains the number one destroyer of the planet, we also need to abandon the use of plastics which are non-biodegradable and adopt more eco-friendly and plant based options that can bring ourselves back in harmony with nature. We need to look around us and discover how we can replace plastic and junk with earth-friendly materials and adopt a lifestyle of minimalism instead of consumerism so that we can drastically reduce the trash we create everyday. In Ascension not everybody around us might seem to agree and we might find plastic constantly on the shelves whenever we go shopping, however minimizing it is possible if we keep trying our best until plastic is outlawed.
(3) Healthy Choices in Everyday Life: Ascension and spiritual healing do not happen in isolation within our mind, but are a synthesis of our mind, body and spirit into the light of oneness. No matter how many hours of meditation, yoga and healing, if we are still reaching out for cigarettes, narcotics, alcohol, meat, dairy or any other addiction out of compulsion, we are not able to experience true inner healing. Meditation, mindfulness, positive visualization and affirmations can only be a starting point of our practice of higher consciousness, which crystallizes in our actual everyday practice of mindful and conscious living. When we read our product labels carefully, choose organic and live foods, read the right literature, educate ourselves on how to make healthier and more positive choices, and detaching from toxic or unhealthy relationships, we are practicing Ascension.
(4) Kindness to All Beings and Self: Some people practice kindness and compassion only in outward human society and as polite gestures of social respect or conformity. Ascension is a path of authentic living and not merely about outward smiles and greetings of light. When we spend time in nature and meditate with our inner self, we discover the true meaning of kindness. Being abused or hurt in the process of being spiritual is unnecessary, as is ‘showing the other cheek’ if someone slaps us. We need to stand in our own authentic truth and refuse to be either victims or perpetrators of violence. We also need to refuse being mute-witnesses to violence against any other being so that we can openly help other people and creatures who require our support to be a true earth angel.
(5) Inner Peace that Radiates Outwards: We cannot create or manifest world peace by simply talking about it. We also need to bring ourselves into alignment with our higher nature in our actions. Inner does not only refer to our mind but also our heart and soul. Visualizing light and being in silence through meditation is one way of feeling peaceful in the moment, so is sending this peace and healing to our planet, because all of us are one being in the higher dimension of truth. Peace does not mean that only those who are meditative are required to be silent and calm, but also that others need to learn and practice holding the silent space of peace and tranquility so that we can stop wars, terror, abuse and crime in our world.
(6) Real Love not confused with Sexual Lust: In the matrix we have received the wrong programming that equated the word love with lust. We have been deceived into believing that romance is equivalent to true love and that we need to unite with a soulmate or twin-flame soul who is outside of us for Ascension. One of the truths we discover in spirituality is that everything and everyone outside is a part of the grand illusion that we are projecting into reality. For ascension we need to connect with our inner twin-flame which is our own authentic self instead of seeking anyone else to complete us. Spiritual masters and meditation gurus in the past have discovered the joys of asceticism and celibacy which can help us detach from sensual lust and unplugs us from the matrix of sensory illusions.
(7) Inner Consciousness of Sattvic or Truthful life: Falseness or artificiality has become the hallmark of human life over the last few millenniums. We seek more material comfort instead of inner peace and convenience over spiritual effort which prevents us from gaining consciousness. Truthful or Sattvic life is not based on pleasing others or giving more pleasure to ourselves, but one of detachment and self-realization. A Sattvic practice is not about seeking truth but about rejecting that which is false or illusion so that our inner truth shines through in the end. Letting go of all that feels Tamasic or dark, and also of the Rajasic or restless, whether in food, consumerism or any aspect of our culture is part of regaining consciousness.
(8) Inner Joy and Happiness: The path of Ascension and healing is an inner path. By demanding love, affection, kindness, sympathy and compassion from other people, we are unable to focus on our inner treasures of peace and happiness that are constantly present within. Whenever we feel desperate or needy for anything or any person on the outside, we need to first meditate and find our wholesomeness so that we can give more instead of taking more from others around us.