We all have not just this one physical body that we see in the mirror, but also inner bodies of light that form the major blueprints of our existence in physical as well as astral worlds and higher dimensions.
Chakras are often visualized as wheels of light and are important energy centers through which our spiritual, mental and emotional energy flows. Our chakras not only connect with the physical body, our endocrine glands and various biological systems but also compose the overall frequency and brightness of our aura or light body.
Our aura indicates our health and energy state that determines all aspects of our life including our career, relationships, prosperity, emotional state, intellect, higher powers and spiritual awareness. The aura can have various layers much like a luminous cocoon or shell invisibly surrounding the individual and indicating his or her electromagnetic field. A brighter and radiant aura is a sign of emotional, mental and physical wellness and will reflect in the way some people can effortlessly attract positive situations or transform energy around them into something positive through their own overall energetic state.
There are 7 main chakras and many more minor chakras associated with our body its various glands, biological systems, aura energy and mental or emotional state. Keeping all major chakras in balance lets our energy flow smoothly for healing of body, mind and overall quality of life and supports the awakening of kundalini (inner power) and higher consciousness for spiritual ascension.
Here are some wonderful ways we can keep our Chakras and Aura healthy and bright:
- Meditation and Channeling of Energy: When we meditate, detaching from the surrounding energies and drawing our attention instead to our inner self, we give energy to our chakras automatically. Through meditation our focus returns to who we are, our inner state of peace, light and love that is at the core of each being. This inner peace can help us channel or bring energy wherever it is needed in our body, mind and life including our chakras or spiritual energy centers. Simply close your eyes, sit in a relaxed yet alert posture with spine straight and legs folded either on a chair or floor, and allow attention to return to your center by looking within yourself, at the silent space within you. Observe your inner peace and if any thoughts or emotional turbulence is observed, allow it to settle on its own with your focus on your inner silence through regular and committed practice of at least 30 minutes a day. Through meditation spiritual energy of peace and universal love is automatically channeled, while training in Reiki and pranic energy is also helpful in accelerating this connection with the higher self for inner healing.
- Breathing Exercises and Yoga: In a meditative state when we are channeling higher or positive energy of universal peace and love, we also can breathe through our various energy centers or chakras to direct energy in and out of our spiritual body. Breathing out of the regions of the body associated with each chakra helps in cleansing the chakras and clearing off negative or blocked energy, while breathing into the region of the body associated with each chakra helps in energizing and strengthening the chakras with positive life force energy. There are also many yogic postures or asanas that can bring attention to various physical regions of the body and the glands associated with each chakra, thereby helping to heal the chakras.
- Colour and Crystal Therapy: Each chakra can be visualized in various colors of the rainbow. Bathing ourselves in this rainbow light from head to toe during creative visualization can be helpful in healing of chakras. The crown chakra is associated with violet, third-eye with indigo, throat with blue, heart with green, solar plexus with yellow, sacral with orange and root with red. Visualizing each chakra as a ball of light and brightening it with the power of visualization so that it feels radiant and healthy is a good way of energizing each chakra in a meditative state. Wearing the colors associated with the chakra that you wish to work with, or focusing on colorful mandalas or yantras designed specifically for the chakras one at a time during meditation can also help in healing each chakra with light. Crystals of the various chakra colours are natural gifts of mother earth that can help us heal our chakras with their peaceful and positive energy during meditation, and can at times also be placed on the regions of the body associated with each chakra or aligned along the spine for enhancing the energy flow between chakras during meditation.
- Music, Mantras and Affirmations: Sound healing can help bathe the aura and energize the chakras with positive energy. Solfeggio frequencies for instance are especially connected with our chakras for their healing when we hear them in a meditative state. Mantras for chakras include OM for crown, SHAM for third-eye, HAM for throat, YAM for heart, RAM for solar plexus, VAM for sacral and LAM for root chakra and intoning them helps in cleansing and energizing each chakra during meditation. Similarly positive affirmations for each chakra helps us in absorbing positive beliefs corresponding to each of our chakras. For e.g.
- I am perfectly safe and secure from deep within. I trust myself. (Root)
- I feel amazing and vibrant with joy and delight. I celebrate myself. (Sacral)
- I am a powerful being of light. I manifest my highest good. (Solar)
- I overflow with abundance and compassion. I am love. (Heart)
- I express my true feelings with honesty and kindness. I know myself. (Throat)
- I look within and discover inner truth. I am intuitive. (Third-eye)
- I am one with the source of universal energy. I am truth. (Crown)
For many more techniques refer to the free book Magickal Energy Healing