Traditional schooling as most of us remember has been rigidly divided into separate faculties such as physics, mathematics, biology, arts, literature, history, geography, politics and economics. Since we are very young we were taught these subjects in a logic driven, rote-learnt and test-intensive way, with little or no connection to ourselves. We had no idea why we were here in the world and what we really wanted. Schooling was a chore we had to put up with so that one day we might find a regular job. We were also simultaneously indoctrinated to follow beliefs and traditions handed down from our genetic lineage, religious or cultural environment without any inner reasoning or enlightenment only to fit in with everyone around us.
Some of us somehow stumbled upon Who We Are, Why We Are Here and How We Can Live Better. We call this Spiritual Awakening. How about if we received such practical and life enriching education right from our childhood that we felt empowered, joyful and energized, eager to live, learn and create a wholesome life?
Here are some subjects we can consider including in our NEW systems of school and home education for our children to replace the existing ones:
- Right Ways of Breathing, Relaxation and Meditation
- Right types of Food and Nutrition for Good Health
- Yoga and Exercises for Inner and Outer Well-being
- Various Flowers, Trees, Herbs, Plants and how to grow and care for them
- Various Animals and Pets and how to look after and relate with them
- Eco Friendly and Energy Efficient Lifestyles
- Ethics, Rights and Responsibilities towards Self and Others
- Positive Affirmations and Visualizations to create your life
- Mind-power and ESP for Awakening and Self Discovery
- Our Life Purpose, Choices and Discernment
- Consciousness, Evolution and Who We Are
- Empathy, Intuition and Communication to Understand Self and Others
- Lessons in Kindness and Karma
- Eliminating Addictions and Excesses through Self Contentment
- Secrets of Nature and Discovering New Truths about our Reality
- Dreams and Subconscious Psychology for Deeper Healing
- Transforming Fears, Guilt, Sadness, Anger and Self-doubt
- Prevention and Cure of Various Diseases
- Inner Science of Energy, Vibrations and Holistic Healing
- Creativity, Fun, Joy and Laughter
- Unity, World-peace and Global Welfare
Not only would these subjects combine various departments and disciplines such as psychology, physics, language, music, art, medicine, biology, culture, politics, economics and law from a positive and futuristic point of view, but also introduce the much needed dimensions of inner consciousness, self-development and spiritual science that are much missing from education for thousands of years. As a result we would see a happier, positive and kinder world for all of us.
- Which subjects would you like to see in your child’s education and why? Share with us in a comment below.
- Feel free to share this article and discuss it with family, friends, parents and educators so that we can develop upon and initiate new transformations.