Meditation is a daily essential practice of inner stillness and peace that can illuminate our consciousness. Our life just like our dreams, is a manifestation of our conscious or subconscious mind. When we meditate we transform the unconscious into pure consciousness and become more aware of how we are creating our universe from within. If this subject was an adequate part of our learning at home or schools, we would certainly see the following changes in our world:
- Consumerism to Creativity: Totally dependent on things outside for fulfillment, we saw how mindless consumerism including unhealthy food and lifestyles eroded the natural resources of our planet. What if people found peace and contentment within themselves and enjoyed the beauty of nature instead of destroying it for selfish short-term gains? Through meditation we have more mindfulness where we resonate with the vibration of creator consciousness. Through a love of nature we enjoy the universe with inner balance instead of splurging on artificial things to fulfill hollow lives. We start creating more beauty, joy and abundance instead of being mere victims of consumerism.
- Disease to Well-being: Stress and strain of living a busy life along with pollution has affected most of us to some or the other degree in the modern world. Diseases such as cancer, heart attacks, obesity, diabetes, asthma, allergies and many associated illnesses have gripped individuals who believe that hospitals and medications are the solutions to the problem. Truth is that the root cause of the issues we are facing are in our own lifestyle and daily practices. When we meditate and return to nature, we start manifesting healthier lives and choose the right places to live in, the right foods to eat, the right sleep schedules and intuitive living and holistic healing to prevent diseases and create more permanent wellness from deep within.
- Crime to Compassion: Harming others is impossible when we learn to be kind from within instead of only through outer rules imposed from authorities. When we begin to discover our inner self through meditation and peacefulness, we automatically become more kind and compassionate towards ourselves and this reflects in the way we treat others. We enjoy gentleness and loving energy instead of negative thoughts. We no longer indulge in overthinking, leave alone plotting, scheming or hurting others.
- Corruption to Truth: Even in what used to be spiritual countries once upon a time, we have witnessed the heights of bribery, lawlessness, dishonesty and corruption. This is because our true inner spirituality and inner truth were replaced by outer religion, outer rituals and rites, without an understanding of the inner laws or ethics that are the core of our own awakened heart. With an inner awakening through meditation we can rediscover our own inner truth within our spirit. We become a witness to ourselves and are honest and sincere even when no-one else is looking by becoming more mature and responsible towards ourselves.
- Addictions to Freedom: It is not only drugs and alcohol that are addictive but also gadgets, wi-fi, foods, media, movies, cosmetics, thoughts and people. Not all the things we are used to are good for us. Through meditation and inner awakening we discover the universe is indeed within us and we need not depend on anything from outside to set us free or provide us any thrill or joy. We discover the source of true joy and happiness from the depths of our spirit. We begin to liberate our soul from all the burdens and chains that weighed us down.
- Violence to Peace: Anger and violence are products of an unfulfilled spirit that seeks vengeance or domination. Use of power to rule over others has been a part of society only because people have not yet discovered that ‘others’ is illusion and all of us are actually One. We discover a loving connection with the universe through meditation to be at peace instead of judging, condemning, avenging or destroying ourselves. Imagine if everyone learnt meditation and discovered their inner treasures of peace and love how different the world would be!