We all have been ‘Warriors of Light’ fighting against evil and injustice. Just like heroes and superheroes in fiction who battle dark and oppressive forces, in real life we take up a similar role as activists struggling against day-to-day challenges, social evils, corporate control, political agendas and corrupt systems. While fighting the perceived enemy keeps us engaged in the ‘matrix’ of the world, could there be a better way to create the change we seek from within and elevate ourselves instead? Here are some ideas that can help us raise our consciousness and rise above problems:
- See Ourselves as Manifesters and not Victims of Situations: The entire concept of ‘us’ against ‘them’ is based on duality and the illusion of separation between ourselves and the others. If we see each other as parts of the same One consciousness who is manifesing the universe from moment to moment, we will know that none of us need to feel like victims any longer. In some way we are constantly manifesting each situation we are facing at all times. Through this empowered perspective, we can focus on what we need to manifest right now, instead of merely feeling sorry for ourself or the situation we are in. For example: we can use magical power of intentions to either manifest a new and positive situation in our neighborhood or to move all concerned into a better neighborhood in case the energy around has been pulling us down.
- Transform Anger to Peace: When we focus on ‘fighting’ it is natural to feel upset, angry and frustrated at the state of the world and the myriad issues that disorient our mind. It feels as if the situation we are faced with is unjustified and ‘all wrong’ and that somehow we have to ‘fix it’ by force while protecting ourself from perceived danger. However, anger only creates more issues to be angry about. Our feelings have a direct correspondence with what we attract in our life. If we were to create a feeling of peace and calm within ourself, we can use our inner magical power through meditation and direct our inner-energy to generate a positive reality. We can replace any negative forces within our energy field that were reactionary and self-limiting, with positive consciousness. For example, when faced with an abusive partner, we might be better off in letting-go and being at peace with ourself on our own, instead of trying to fight with and ‘fix’ the person for a longer period of time. The peace within us will magically attract more peaceful people and situations in our life.
- Work Together For a Higher Cause: Fighing against each other can make us feel drained from time to time as we enter a lose-win situation periodically. Instead if we focus our intention on working together for the higher cause that benefits all concerned, we can place all our thought and emotional energy upwards – towards the ultimate futuristic goal. The focus we bring on the cause can help both sides see the light of higher perspective and the hidden opportunity of progress in the right direction with help and support offered to all concerned to make it a win-win situation. For example, if we would like to stop animals from being exploited in zoos, we can give better suggestions such as holographic simulation of animals to replace real animals in zoos in the near future, which can motivate existing zoos to start the transformation instead of fighting for survival of the old ways which will surely be obsolete one day. The realization that there is a better way and it will be futile to fight against the tide can make all parties begin the process of change at an inner level.
- Take Back Your Power: Through social conditioning or mental brainwashing, we might have given our power away to others and feel as if we have to fight for the smallest of rights. We might feel that others are too strong and too established to ever change, and that we being much weaker and in lesser position of authority have to adjust and compromise with them. Instead of this attitude, we can recognize our power and create a revolution. For example, if we are upset at religious oppression of women in certain nations, instead of fighting with their internal religious systems to slowly ‘grant’ women some of their rights, we can recognize women’s rights as international human rights so that archaic regimes can be replaced with progressive ones. Often the motivation for such a major change comes from people within these oppressive systems who achieve enlightenment and set themselves free from control.
- Find a Common Ground for Unity: Conflicts and opposition take place because we have not yet discovered love and compassion that unites us together. Through kindness and empathy we can see through our divergent point of views and reach a better understanding of each other regardless of our differences. When we place focus on the common values of love, peace, joy, freedom, wellness and abundance which are desirable to all beings regardless of race, culture, gender and religion, our differences suddenly seem less significant. By working together to enhance our experience of life through shared values we can reduce much tension and stress in our world and transform fights to harmony. For example, science and spirituality can come to a common understanding by the underlying theme of ‘consciousness’ that unites these two seemingly divergent subjects.