- Water: There could be no better cleanser that nature has provided. Drinking litres of water daily can dissolve gallstones and kidney stones, get rid of excessive toxins in the body, cleanse the digestive tract and flush out harmful substances from the body. Soaking yourself in tub of warm water can be mentally purifying as well as physically soothing. Water can be blessed, chanted upon or focused upon and sprinkled around for purification for spiritual cleansing.
- Raw Juices: Just add some raw vegetables and fruits in your blender and consume the smoothie without adding any artificial sugar or sweeteners. Some of the best detoxifiers are bitterguard juice (karela) which is great for slimming as well as prevents diabetes, coconut water that cleanses the entire system clean, orange or lemon juice which strengthens immunity as well as cleanses the body, cucumber, broccoli, cranberry, pomegranate and kale juices that can heal many diseases while ginger, garlic and onion juices could beat most antibiotics. Even flower petals such as hibiscus, rose and marigold are known to heal and detox the system.
- Herbs and Spices: Get your home pharmacy ready for each season. Stock up on herbs and spices such as turmeric (haldi), cumin (jeera), carom seeds (ajwain), bay leaves, cinnamon bark, fennel seeds, mint leaves, black pepper corns, cloves, juniper berries, holy basil (tulsi) and sage to beat most of your diseases away. From blocked sinuses, cough, flu to all manner of digestive complaints, these common kitchen ingredients could be all you need to recover your health. They could be eaten raw or lightly roasted, powdered and added to food, or brew them in a pot with water and strain to prepare your own healing potion.
- Natural salts: Rock salts such as himalayan pink salt or black mineral salt, as well as coarse sea salts are fantastic for cleansing. They are good for controlling germs and can be an alternative to refined commercial salts in your diet because they contain many useful minerals. Bathing in these raw natural salt water as well as washing your floor with it is a centuries old remedy against negative energy. Lamps made of himalayan rock salt or a bowl of rock salt with a light inside can work too.
- Smudge: Holy smoke …it really works! Get a bundle of dried herbs such as sage, mugwort, lavender, mint and juniper and burn them for purifying the vibes of your home. On a daily basis any incense stick, cone, agarbatti, dhoop, loban or resin incense would do very well. If there are any diseases, stress or any unwanted feelings you can smudge your space and within minutes see how everything starts to lighten up as if a dark veil has lifted off.
- Meditate: Just like your body and surrounding need cleansing, so does your mind. Shut all thoughts out and sit in complete silence including inner quietness. Let all the mental chatter evaporate and enjoy the bliss of your inner peace for as long as you want to, preferably on a daily basis for best results.
What are your favourite ways of cleansing and detoxifying yourself? Share on email@example.com and let your story be featured here.
Swati Prakash is a spiritual author and can be followed on www.amazon.com/author/swatiprakash