One of the most important things that some people overlook while saying affirmations is that they need to be said in the NOW consciousness. If you are saying a positive statement such as ‘I am slim and trim’ but the next moment you are looking at yourself in the mirror and feeling sad that you are not, then there is little chance for your affirmations working.
Remember that as you observe yourself, your world and your situations, you are observing the PAST and not the PRESENT. The present moment is something that is constantly being created with your awareness. The image in the mirror is how you looked a moment ago and not NOW.
The NOW moment is full of possibility. You never know that in this moment itself you might be receiving an important and life transforming opportunity, whether medical, legal, financial or social that might improve each and every aspect of your life, taking you closer and closer to your goals.
Therefore when you are looking at the mirror…imagine that you have slimmed down a bit more than before. When you think about your prosperity, imagine that its improving. When you talk about or think of your career, imagine it is better. Just keep imagining the best and it is bound to manifest as a rule. And stay in this energy…. not just when saying your affirmations but at other times too. Do not pull the energy down by or by any negative self talk, or by thinking that your affirmation is not working, because it REALLY IS WORKING in many ways known or unknown to you.
Here are four amazing affirmations, one for each key area of your life. Enjoy saying them several times daily and share with others to spread the light!
- Affirmations are positive statements spoken in the present tense as if you are experiencing it right now. So, think/say, ‘I am successful’ and not, ‘I want/desire success’.
- Affirmations work best, when the words are internalized and repeated often, either mentally or aloud. E.g. instead of, ‘I’m not keeping well’, think/say, ‘I’m getting better and better’.
- Affirmations can be said any point of time specially just before going to sleep or soon after waking up.
- Affirmations cannot harm anyone and must respect free will and honor mutual consent. For example, focus on receiving love or work rather than focusing on a specific person or position.
- Affirmations are always open-ended and never closed in terms of exactly when, where, how, what or through whom you hope to receive. Trust the universe to work out the details.
- Affirmations ideally make you feel good and free of worries and that is why they work!
Enjoy an incredibly positive week!
Swati Prakash is a spiritual author and can be reached on www.swatiprakash.com